Dr R.C.S Khandelwal MS, FICS (Ortho) U.S.A
- He is a Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in the treatment of joint Replacement & Spine surgery having special interest in joint preservation & High Tibal osteotomy ( HTO) , treatment of complex fractures (illizarao technique & Meyer's Procedure) pelvic-acetabulum reconstruction & having 30 years of experience in orthopedics.
- He is a consulting Orthopedic Surgeon affiliated to K.J Somaiya super specialty Hospital Sion Mumbai & having Bone, Joint & spine clinic at flank Road Sion Gandhi market area Mumbai 22. .
- He graduated with M.B.B.S in 1988. subsequently under went orthopedic residency & received M.S orthopedic degree. He is the fellow of the international College of Surgeons, Chicago (USA) .He is a senior Professor of orthopedic surgery at the prestigious Seth G.S. medical college Mumbai & chief of orthopedic Unit at the king Edward Memorial hospital Mumbai.
- He is recipient of Medical excellence award New Delhi for outstanding achievement in the field of medical & also received Gold medal awards. & published many national & international research papers in journals worldwide.
F.I.C.S (Ortho) Chicago, U.S.A
M.S (Ortho) 1992-93
- Associated with orthopedics past 30 years
- Professor & Head of Orthopaedic unit Dept. Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital
- Head of Orthopaedic unit LTMMC. Medical College & SionHospital
- Performed more than 10000 surgeries since past 30 years
- Senior consultant Joint Replacement Surgeon and Knee HTO surgeon , K .J .Somaiya super specialty Hospital Sion Mumbai.
- Member Medical Technical Committee;Govt. of Maharashtra
Medical excellence award New Delhi Stood 1st position in MS examination,
Fellow international college of surgeons ( USA)
- Role of flurodeoxyglucose- positron emission tomography scan in detection of residual pus pocket post operatively in tuber culosis of spine and juxta articular tuber culosis :Journal of spine :: November 2018.
- The outcome of coracoid transfer for bony bankart in treatment of recurrent dislocation of shoulder international journal of orthopaedic sciences 2018 4 (2)161- 163
- A meta analysis of Outcomes in colles fractures treated conservatively in elderly patients Journal of Indian Orthopaedic Rheumatology Association DOI :10,18231/2455-6777.2017.0017.
- .Three point contouring of 95 degree DCS plate & its advantages for fixation of sub trochanteric femur fracture international journal of orthopaedic sciences 2018 4 (2)158- 160.
- Iatrogenic fracture neck femur while internal fixation of fracture shaft femur by femur interlocking nailing. international journal of orthopaedic sciences 2018 4 (2)1432- 433
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome in Postoperative Spine: Journal of Spine 2012, 1:2
- To evaluate use of positron emission tomography with 2-(fluorine-18) fluoro-2 deoxy- D-glucose in detection of chronic osteomyelitis International journal of orthopedics sciences 4(4): 609-611
- Etiological factors causing resistant bone infection International journal of scientific research , Volume-7: Issue-11: November-2018 IISN No.2277-8179: IF: 4.758 :IC:value 93.98
- Functional outcome in distal humorous fracture treated by bi-columnar plating
- Outcome of the treatment is using core decompression in AVN in adult
- Functional outcome of distal and end of radius fractures treated by Volar plating
- Functional outcome of the patient treated with total hip Orthoplasty
- Functional outcome of distal femur fracture treated with locking plate
- Unique technique of HTO using special design corticotomes and fixation with titanium by cortical Z plating Paper presentation Innovative technique WIROC December 2018 (westren Indian Regional orthopedic conference )
- Flattened design of external fixator used for infected HTO and compound WIROC December 2018
- Management of Case having Ankylosed Hip since 25 yrs with Non united subtrochantric fracture femur in young adult . challenging case presentation , Bombay Orthopedic s Society clinical meeting Oct. 2018
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Indian Orthopaedic Association.
- Association of the Spine Surgeons in India.
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society.
- Life Member of Asssociation of Agriculture Medicine and Rural Health in India
- Medical Technical Committee;Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Faculty & Co-convener “Surgical Trauma Course”, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 2004 to 2010.
- Faculty “Basic Hip Arthoplasty Course”, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 2003.
- Faculty and Co-convener, “Annual Fracture Fixation Course”, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Municipal General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 2004. 2010
- Faculty”, Advance cervical spine course KEM Hospital, , Mumbai 2017.
You call us at 9152 923 064 for appointment.